Saturday, November 8, 2008

A year (and a month)

With all the stuff that happened just after I got back from the US and then the hurried preparations for lecturing this subject I am still busy with, I entirely missed my blogging anniversary [for this blog, at least - I also have a long running, if recently neglected, personal blog that's been going for about 5 years].

Yep, I started this blog in October 2007, a year and a month ago.

Many thanks to my modest band of readers. Hi!

This is also my 150th post, so that's averaging about 3 posts a week.

Volume is down (and traffic with it) since with all the lack of time for much of anything but work lately (hmm... I think I have some kids around here somewhere), blogging is the thing that has had to drop off a bit.

The other thing is the fire mostly isn't there right now. There's plenty to get worked up about, but I just haven't have enough anger to go around the last few months, nor the time to deal with a more reasoned argument. I can't even keep up with science news (at last glance, my science news aggregator had about 800 unread articles).

[I have lots of ideas for things to write about, but by the time I find an hour to write a decent post, it has become out of date. I also have a number of topics that won't go out of date in a hurry, but they would take much longer to write.]

So volume is down and will probably stay that way for some weeks yet. But I am still here.

2 comments:

Dana Hunter said...

Happy anniversary! Here's to many more years of Ecstathy!

Whether you write one post per month or one hundred, you're always a delight!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the anniversary! Here's a present. Sorry, but it only came in one size: http://informalskepticism.wordpress.com/2008/11/10/ugh-ive-been-tagged/